Thursday, February 26, 2009

Holy Mattress-mony



So, Mr. L & I have been 'going steady' for awhile now. I am very happy with him, and am proud to report that we have reached a new level of commitment that is more serious than any other relationship I have ever been in.

Curious? I thought so. Let me explain...

I have serious back issues, like feel-like-an-eighty-year-old-pass-the-Ben-Gay type issues. These problems are seriously exacerbated by sleeping on a hard bed, and I define hard as anything more firm than a marshmallow. When I do sleep on a firm mattress, I always wake up with major pain issues.

When I go visit Mr. L in Birmingham for the weekend, he offers me his bed with what I shall call a 'supportive' mattress. The only other option is sleeping on his futon, and that ain't happenin'. (Not in a million years....I am seriously anti-futon, but I'll get in to that on a later post.....I know you're on the edge of your seat waiting for that one....)

Sooooo, having gotten to the point in our relationship where I foresee spending many glorious weekends with Mr. L in Birmingham, I decided that I had to do something about the mattress situation. After all, it's no fun to have an entire weekend where you constantly ask your boyfriend to re-apply Icy Hot patches on your back, now is it? And besides, who wants a girlfriend that smells menthol-y like your grandparents?

So, anyways, I talked to Mr. L about buying a memory foam mattress topper for his bed and I took the plunge and made the purchase. We are now bound by mattress-mony. That's serious commitment, my friend....those things are not cheap!

It's kind of romantic, don't you think? I mean, I am leaving a piece of me in Birmingham and giving the gift of a restful night's sleep all in one fell swoop. Now, that's love.

No comments: