Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mr. L

Mr. L & I had a fantastic weekend. The best Valentine's of my life....our first Valentine's Day.

There were lots of highlights, and here are a few:
*A Valentine's Party. We exchanged Valentine's that were written to one another with disparaging comments. It was super fun. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. (and I am not prone to incontinence, so that should give you an indication of just how funny they were)
*Breakfast in bed. I was super careful as to not get any syrup on the sheets. I am proud to say that I was successful.
*Sleeping until 1:30 in the afternoon. I have not accomplished this since my sophomore year in college.
*An amazing dinner at a swanky joint in Birmingham. The food was delicious and we were seated super-duper close to another couple, so overhearing their conversation was a plus. They were super-young (like 20) and trying so hard to be sophisticated-the guy in particular. And I quote, "You really must see Eufala in the Spring. It's really a sight to behold." I was thinking, shut up, you're 20 years-old! Talk about something you actually know about, like keg stands and hangovers. They were quiet cute, actually. There was no extra charge for the entertainment.
*Dinner & a movie (Spinal Tap) with some of Mr. L's friends. This was my inaugural viewing of the movie and I loved it.
*Hacking down more mega weeds in Mr. L's yard. I tell you, there is no better way to work out PMS-related frustration. Awesome.
*Surprising Mr. L with the fact that I didn't have to work on Monday. I fibbed to him earlier & told him I had to leave on Sunday, when in fact, I did not. He was very happy to find out the good news.

All in all, it was a a wonderful 3 days. Now I am back to reality, and even though reality isn't all that bad, it's always sad to be away from Mr. L. There will be future weekends, more opportunities to make new memories, and I am aware of this, but for now, I feel like feeling sorry for myself because of our distance & wishing myself in back in Birmingham this very minute.

No comments: