Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Well Dressed


So, I’ve never been a “fashionista” (I abhor that phrase by the way), but I have always enjoyed the idea of being a smart dresser. I guess what prevented me from being more of a clothes horse in the past has been a) my fluctuating weight, and b) my weird weird body.

I’ve always known how to edit outfits and make things work out okay, but I have never been that into clothes.

Well, friends, that has changed. I have been très très inspired by my favorite new blog academichic. It’s not that I am going to get super duper obsessed with clothes or anything, rather I feel like thinking more about what I am wearing and making slightly more effort into my apparel. I am inspired to use some of the elements like those pictured above to spice things up a bit.

On a very inspired trip yesterday, I went to the thrift store here in town after work. I scored some kickin’ duds including:

A sweet black pleated skirt from The Gap (a very useful wardrobe staple)



A charming red swing coat



An elegant 100% silk skirt from Banana Republic (100% silk I tell you!!)



A cheery yellow top



A clever blue vest



I am learning more about how to accentuate what I’ve got, create what I don’t have, and hide what I don’t like. The great thing about this blog is that they have three different women, with three different body types and challenges, teaching you how to dress.

Nice.

Check it out here.

No comments: