Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Overheard: DMV



So I was at the DMV yesterday getting a new driver’s license and car tag. In the midst of my miserable experience, I overhear a conversation between a grandmother and her 19-ish granddaughter. It goes a little something like this:

Grandmother: What are you doing later today?

Granddaughter: TJ (presumably her boyfriend) is picking me up and we’re going to the nail place to get my nails done.

Grandmother: Who is going to pay for it?

Granddaughter: TJ is. And then on Friday, he’s taking me to the mall to go get an outfit, some sunglasses and then get my toes done.

Grandmother: Why is he spending so much money on you?

Granddaughter: (Exasperated) I don’t know Grandma! Jeez!

Grandmother: It just seems like he’s spending a lot of money on manicures and pedicures.

Granddaughter: He just wants it done....you know.......(long pause)…….
professionally.

No comments: