Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Love Modern Medicine

Ya'll, I am ecstatic. I have had 4 pain-free days and I'm completely head over heels with joy.

I suffer from some pretty serious back pain issues and have been for some time. I have been in pain (in varying degrees) for almost 10 years. I have had physical therapy, various nerve blocks, etc., but all in all I have been very disappointed with the results...that is until Monday.

I had a nerve block injection in my facet joints and the nerves at the base of my spine and I feel fantastic! I don't know how long it will last--could be days, could be months--but whatever time I'm given, it's a gift.

Just had to share my ebullient joy with my blog--especially since 99% of my blog time is spent complaining about something (like birds) or someone (like purchasers of pajama jeans).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay!!! I'm sooo happy for you! Let's go running and then jump roping and then maybe some plyometrics. Maybe even top it off with some step aerobics???

or... maybe something that won't bring the pain back ;)