Saturday, May 5, 2012

Brilliant!

 "I feel like doing something fun and creative-ish"

 "But what could I do?"

"Wait a minute...it's coming to me..."

 "By jove, I think I've got it! I'll start blogging again!"



Maybe it's the massive painkillers I'm taking right now or maybe the cosmic alignment is at fault, but I am inspired to blog.  Jeepers, it's been a while.  (Notice, no apologies are being made for my absence.  I ain't sorry 'bout nothin)

When I left the blogosophere many moons ago, I was about to have spine surgery.  I did undergo a spinal fusion in late October, and while the recovery was about as fun-filled as getting a pap smear, the results have been incredible.  After 3 months of recovery time, I had 3 months of pain-free bliss.  I suffered back pain for 8 years (EIGHT YEARS!!!!) prior to the surgery, so being without pain was like being released from prison.

We've hit a slight bump in the road and I've been having some nerve pain over the past couple of weeks (hence the painkiller reference above--no, I am not "using" for fun).  I've been to see the neurosurgeon that performed my fusion and he promised me that we will get to the bottom of this.  I am undergoing a spinal tap myelogram on Monday so he can see what's happening in my spine. I am remaining optimistic and I feel like I will be tip top in the near future.

Anyways, other than the back stuff, life is really, really, really great.  Mr. L & I celebrated our first anniversary (we got kicked out of a public park and had a terrible gas station slurpee--story for another post), we grew an herb garden, jobs are good, our kitty cat is still adorable.  Oh, and my once flourishing cookie business flourished a little too much, so we had to close up shop for a while.  It was a little too tough to work full time and bake full time, but we may bring it back to life someday.

 (Our herb garden)


Lately, I've been really into baking for fun, so I'm sure I'll share a few baking adventures with my blog.  In fact, my rosemary focaccia bread is almost finished rising, so I'll close for now.  Glad to be back, blog.


p.s. painkillers + typing/focusing on coherent writing = possible bad idea

No comments: