Monday, May 7, 2012

A Day at St. V's



So, my day started out with a spinal tap.  And you thought your Monday morning was bad...

Actually, the spinal tap/myelogram/CT scan were all a breeze.  I was a little anxious beforehand, but this wasn't my first rodeo, so my nerves weren't too frazzled.  The spinal tap portion is the scariest, but it wasn't all that bad after they inject the numbing medicine.  After that, they insert a catheter and inject the contrast dye.  The worst part was when the doctor said, "You might feel some spinal fluid dripping on your back...AND I DID.  Double gross out!!

The best part was that the doctor called my "skinny" and "tiny."  Score!  I've worked pretty hard the past few months to shed the post-surgery-yes-I'll-have-another-cupcake weight, so it was music to my ears to be called small. 


 (Mr. L patiently waiting...)

The bestest, bestest part is that I was instructed to go home, get in bed, and not to get out of bed unless I need to go to the bathroom.  Not a problem, doc, I've got this covered.  My plan for the day includes: 1) wearing super comfy jam jams all day, 2) watching True Blood (thanks Davio & Al!), 3) eating snacks located conveniently at my bedside, and 4) spending time with a super cuddly kitty cat.  Done & done.

(me waiting patiently and reading about making French baguettes)

We'll find out the results of the tests tomorrow, and I am hoping that they can find the problem and tell me what the (hopefully super-easy) fix is.  I just hope they find something; my biggest fear is that they don't see anything.  Though I don't wish for problems, you can't fix something you can't find.  I pray it's just a little loose screw and they can go in and remove it.  I'll be heartbroken if it's something that would require re-fusing or something impossible to fix.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.  Prayers are welcome, too.

I'll post an update tomorrow, but now I must get back to relaxing....doctor's orders.

No comments: