Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Week & Weekend: The Abridged Version


Well, for starters, the above picture just about sums up my work week.  Due to the fact that I cannot currently sit for long periods of time without a great deal of pain, my employer has been kind enough to let me work from home.  I set up what I call my "Command Center" complete with 2 laptops and pillow paper holders.  It's pretty awesome.

There are some serious advantages to working from home.  Let's see, there's the 24-hour pajama marathon (which is, by far, the primo benefit), not wearing makeup, avoidance of work-place jerks, very short commute.  I could, most certainly, get used to this.  

So that was pretty much my week.  Let's breeze on into the weekend, shall we?



 Mr. L & I decided to have a few peeps over for a Mexican feast.  We spent Saturday prepping the grub, which included making homemade tortillas (super easy & really good--recipe here),

 jalapeno cheese corn muffins,

homemade salsa (which we canned, too)

and lemon cakes. 

 Everyone made soft tacos and headed out to our porch.  It was a great evening.  We even had a little entertainment when a black cat appeared in my driveway.  A black cat that looked exactly like the cute specimen in the photo below.  Turns out it was a false alarm...my sweet little cat was inside.....jus' chillin'.


Our Sunday has been super mellow.  You know, stripping the beds, extracting the cat from the bedsheets, turning around for a second, re-extracting the cat from the bedsheets, etc.

We topped off the weekend with grilled pizza.  I saw the idea on, you guessed it, Pinterest, and decided to try it.  Don't laugh at me for the poor little triangle shaped pizzas...turns out, triangle shaped pizzas taste just as good as round ones.  Who knew?

Luckily for this little lady, I have a nerve block coming up on Thursday.  I am super, crazy excited about this one.  If successful, I can stop taking all of this crappy medication and return to my normal, pain-free life.  Though I will have to surrender my all-day pajama parties, I'm ready for my spinal nerves be friends with me again.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments: