Sunday, May 13, 2012

Totally Baked

My Hip Oven -"The Flair"
I got totally baked this weekend...er...I mean I got totally into baking this weekend. Mr. L was out of town, so I immersed myself into flour, sugar, and loud off-key singing. Baking has been my passion of late, so it was great fun to get lost in the process for a while.
 
Banana Chocolate Honey Mini Cupcakes
 These little guys above will be dressed up with a cream cheese honey frosting and served to my co-workers.  They are great because both the cupcake and the icing aren't teeth-achingly sweet.  Subtle, sophisticated and not severely guilt inducing.  You can get the recipe here at Baking Obsession.


Rustic Italian Bread
 Above are the loaves of rustic Italian bread, aka 28-hour bread.  Though it takes the better part of a decade to make, the chewy texture and delicious taste make it totally worth it.  Yum, yum, and yum.


Homemade Pita Bread
This is my first ever batch of homemade pita bread.  Soft, supple, and full of flavor, this bread will prevent me from ever buying that cardboard they sell in the grocery store.  It's really easy and would be a great project for beginning bakers.  I found this great recipe and tutorial here at The Fresh Loaf.

Well, now that I updated you on my carbohydrate filled weekend, I guess I will go and stuff my face with homemade deliciousness.  Peace.

2 comments:

Herrington Photography said...

Homemade pita bread? Who knew? I found a recipe for homemade tortillas that I want to try too - apparently once you go homemade you won't go back. :)

Capable Girl said...

The pita bread is AMAZING. I had it with homemade chicken salad ad it was super delish. I'd love to try the tortilla recipe too!