Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dear Electrical Transformer



Dear Electrical Transformer that Exploded While I Was Baking Last Night,

Just wanted to drop you a quick note and say thanks for exploding right in the middle of baking a cake last night. Your timing could not have been more perfect. I like how you waited until I was just about to add the flour before you about burned my apartment complex down.

I am so glad you were unable to come back on until after midnight. What made it better was the gaggle of powerless weirdo neighbors that gathered outside and had extra loud conversations over a case of beer. A block party on a Wednesday night?! Transformer, I have you to thank for that. Your thoughtfulness is truly appreciated.

I want you to know that today, cakeless and sleepless, I think of you so often.

XOXO,

Capable Girl

p.s. My friend whose bridal shower I was baking for really appreciates you as well. Kisses!

No comments: