Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Off-Trackedness


Well, folks, it’s a sad but true fact that I think all of my slumpiness and bad mood business is due to getting off track diet-wise. It’s an easy thing to do, getting off track, and I am here to report that I am officially getting back on track as of today.

I would say the cause of my off-trackedness is overconfidence—which gets me every time. It’s all too easy to feel that you’ve made the changes you need to make, so now you can rest on your laurels. What I conveniently forgot is that change is an ongoing daily battle and you can’t take big breaks from it.

Real change is an accumulation of all of the micro decisions you make every day, and once you start making more bad micro decisions than good micro decisions, it sways the vote. If that pattern continues, before you know it, you’re back where you started, and where I started was uncomfortable, unattractive, and pretty depressing.

So, freshly humbled, I pick myself up and get back on track….hopefully with a bit more perspective this time.

No comments: