Friday, April 16, 2010

The Face of Misery

Well, folks, it's been a week. After my rant from last week, I was hoping to write much more positive, upbeat posts, but as you can see from my alien face picture above, anything positive and upbeat would be inaccurate.

The good news is that I no longer look as forlorn and ill (or alien-like) as I do in this picture that was taken on Wednesday. No, no, I was not a victim of domestic violence or a brutal mugging, rather I have been a victim of both bacterial and viral intruders. Those sons-of-bitches.

Unfortunately, my whole week has been monopolized by severe pain, the use of medicated eye drops 8,932 times a day, cold compresses, doctor's visits, and ibuprofen/tylenol cocktails. Delicious.

However, I am now on the mend and making a strong recovery. Just in time for Mr. L's birthday....which is today (Happy Birthday Mr. L!! You Complete Me!), and a bunco party at my apartment on Sunday. Awesome!

Blog, I promise that next week's posts will not have anything to do with alien face, PMS, bad moods, medicated eye drops, pain, or anything of the negative variety. I promise.

1 comment:

al said...

this is the best picture of you I've ever seen.