Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Goodbye

If you have been a reader of my blog, you may know that I really, really love my apartment. It is 1,000 square feet of coziness and a true haven for me. Sadly (and gladly), I will be giving my apartment up and moving into Mr. L's house at the end of this month. Though I am super happy about moving in with my future husband, I am not so cheerful about giving up my crib.

It's bittersweet. It's the feeling you get when you have to give something away that you truly love because your life is evolving. Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy for my life to evolve. In fact, I prayed really, really hard for it to evolve, but I will have to leave a little piece of my life behind as this evolution progresses.

I guess the reason I feel so connected to my place is because it has been a real symbol of freedom in my life. It has been a place where I have truly been a happy, healthy person.

Though I have been happy in my cozy little apartment, life progresses, and with progress comes upheaval of your roots and new implantation. It's scary when you face it, but positive change is always worth the fear. The good thing about my upcoming change is that I don't have to do it alone. I have the love of my life to do it with me. And that makes me happy.

Really happy.

So, slowly, box by box, I will pack up my little haven and transport it to my new home. It is a long goodbye to a wonderful phase, however I have a sneaking suspicion that the next phase in my life will be my best on yet.

No comments: