Thursday, February 18, 2010

7 Dream Careers

image courtesy of this wonderful designer

I was thinking the other day, if I could start my life over what would I do different? Who would I want to be? What career path would I take? I rummaged around this 'ol brain of mine and came up with a list of seven careers that I would love to have. Here's my list:

1. Illustrator/Graphic Designer: This appeals to my very visual artistic side. I can't necessarily draw, but I would love to design on my Mac all day long. I love making beautiful things and I'm quite a dreamer, so a career as designer really appeals to me.

2. Magazine Photographer: If I had the photographic chops, you can believe that I would be a pro right now, shooting all sorts of amazing things in all sorts of amazing places. I have always dreamed of capturing images like those seen in National Geographic.

3. Travel Writer: I love to write and I love to travel. Enough said.

4. College Professor: I love academia. I love to learn new things, teach, and be in an environment saturated in knowledge & curiosity. If I could pick a field, it would definitely be American Studies.

5. Missionary: I also love to help people. I think my life would be so rewarding if I had the opportunity to do this everyday. Of course, spreading the word of God is the ultimate way to help people. I'm pretty tough, so living in a hut or having to pee in a hole in the ground doesn't scare me away from this field.

6. Fiction Author: I am a sucker for really, really good fiction. I love the way that it can transport you to another place, a place that you feel you have always known. I would love to be able to communicate in this way and to be an amazing story teller.

7. Baker/Chef: I love to eat and I really love to create. I love the thought of being in a kitchen all day, creating spectacular nibblets for hungry folks. A really good meal can transport you just like a good book, so I guess making people happy with my creations makes me happy.

No comments: