Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 Days Till 34

Well, it's almost here. 34 is looming and ready to take the rug right from under 33. In honor of my waning 33rd year on earth, I am going to list 33 (big and small) things I have been thankful for this year.

1. Getting engaged to Mr. L
2. Getting a much better job in Birmingham
3. My move to my apartment that I love so much
4. My Mom's remarriage to a man she adores
5. Making a new friend or two
6. My new ability to make people happy through baking
7. Losing 34 (ironic, no?) pounds
8. My amazing black boots I found on clearance (seriously, they're that good)
9. Finding out that you can play movies instantly on netflix
10. Grey paint that goes well with yellow tile
11. Restarting my blog
12. My little black and white kitchen
13. A kitchenaid mixer that I adore
14. My discovery of several great authors
15. Being surrounded by 30-somethings rather than 60-somethings
16. Fitting into my favorite jeans
17. Learning to quilt
18. Finding a beautiful wedding gown
19. Some really wonderful trips to the beach
20. Using my grandmother's apron when I bake
21. My wonderful and magical childhood quilt reappearing
22. Finding out that I have come a long way
23. Mr. L & I's first joint Christmas tree
24. The combination of red and orange
25. Being on my own again
26. French-pressed coffee everyday
27. Sleeping with open windows
28. Using my grandmother's china everyday
29. Evening walks in my neighborhood
30. My Salvation Army mirror
31. The Saints winning the superbowl!!!
32. Geting to wear a the most beautiful ring I have ever seen on my finger everyday
33. Finding out that God opens doors when they are meant to be open

No comments: