Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (In Season)



Normally, I am a Autumn/Winter gal. Since I grew up in the fiery clutches of the deep, deep south, I always grew up hating the thought of an oncoming summer. But now, since I don't have to face the 100% humidity 98 degree days for 5 months like I did in nola, I actually look forward to warmer, brighter days.

Here are 8 reasons why I am looking forward to the long sunny days of the summer solstice:

1. Wearing Skirts Without Tights, Short Sleeve Cotton Shirts & Sandals

2. Pedicures

3. Not Looking Like Someone Painted Me With White Paint

4. Evening Walks Around The Neighborhood

5. Mowing The Grass

6. Green Grass & Leaves On The Trees

7. Overalls With Tank Tops

8. Fresh Produce At The Farmers Market

With all of that being said, I know that there are more than a few things that I will miss about our cooler days. I will probably be blogging around July that I can't wait for the colder weather to grace us with the refreshing energy it always brings with it. So, to be fair to Autumn and Winter, here are a few things that I will miss about our cooler days:

1. Scarves!

2. Hot Cocoa

3. A Warm & Toasty Bed

4. Lack of Perspiration

5. Ability to Work Outside Without Taking 2,317 Lemonade Breaks

6. Festive Fall Days

7. Football

8. Lack of Humidity Hair Blunders

No comments: