Thursday, February 4, 2010

7 Things: Trends

I guess I'm getting old. I realized this when I went shopping recently. As I looked around, I realized that I hated so many of the new trends. This feeling set off alarm bells in my head...I hate them because I'm past the youthful threshold. I'm no longer part of the consumer group that drives fashion. Yikes!

After my initial concern, I decided that I don't care that I am no longer in my 20's. In fact, I am overjoyed that I am snugly in my 30's.

30's are the new 20's, right?

Anyway, here are seven trends I will not be sad to see go away.

(Quickly, let me say that these trends look great on other people, just not me. Okay, no hurt feelings, right?)



80's sunglasses. Barf.


Have you noticed all of the weird, washed out colors. What a drag, man.


Leggings are grody.


Skinny jeans and flats. Gag me.



Gladiator shoes. Aka "The Jellies of the New Millinium"




Obnoxiously adored "designer" handbags. Why?




Booties. It's a boot. It's a shoe. No, wait, it's hideous!!

No comments: